Local Walks & Attractions
This hidden 3.5-acre garden on the RHUL campus is open to the public and is located on the A30 (Egham Hill) adjacent to the Katherine Worth Building. Originally known as the London University Botanical Gardens it was planted by the old Botanical Supply Unit in the early 1950s, under the guidance of Professor F.W Jane, Professor of Botany at the College between 1949-1963. Planting continued into the 1970s. There are eight tree interpretation boards outlining key facts about the trees and the wildlife that can be seen in the arboretum. A welcome board has also been installed near the car park with a map highlighting key features.